Competency in a second language – particularly English – is an increasingly important learning skill for young learners.
Consequently, in many countries, English is no longer considered part of a foreign language curriculum, but rather as an integral and essential component of basic education.
Throughout its global network, Bell helps thousands of children, from over 100 countries, to build upon the English language work they do within their own schools, maximising their progress and potential through a range of different programmes and activities, which include:
- Residential Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter vacation courses in the UK where, as well as improving language skills and confidence, children can learn about British life and culture and participate in a broad range of sports and activities.
- High school programmes at Bell Bedgebury International School, where students can study from one term to seven years, developing English language skills whilst following a broad curriculum - including Maths, Science, ICT, Art, Business Studies and Physical Education – leading to internationally recognised exams such as GCSE and A-Level.
- Intensive residential Summer vacation courses ‘in-country’, allowing students to benefit from a fun and intensive programme, making new friends and learning English without having to travel.
- ‘After class’ programmes and courses at Bell centres around the world, giving students the chance to build upon and consolidate school-based language learning.
- Tailored intensive programmes for school groups (‘Project UK’), allowing teachers to work with the Bell team to develop specific programmes of study to support and supplement aspects of the students’ own curriculum.